VMware Server Console 1.0Free
Begin enjoying the benefits of server virtualization for free.
VMware Server is a hosted virtualization platform that installs like an application on any existing server hardware and partitions a physical server into multiple virtual machines.
Install and run VMware Server as an application on top of a host Windows or Linux operating system. A thin virtualization layer partitions the physical server so you can run multiple virtual machines simultaneously on a single server. Computing resources of the physical server are treated as a uniform pool of resources that can be allocated to virtual machines in a controlled manner.
VMware Server isolates each virtual machine from its host and other virtual machines, leaving it unaffected if another virtual machine crashes. Your data does not leak across virtual machines and your applications can only communicate over configured network connections. VMware Server encapsulates a virtual machine environment as a set of files, which are easy to back-up, move and copy.
The free VMware Server is based upon VMware’s proven virtualization technology. With this robust yet easy to use software you can:
- Accelerate server provisioning by building a virtual machine once and deploying it multiple times.
- Easily evaluate software in ready-to-run virtual machines without installation and configuration.
- Simplify IT testing of patches, new applications and operating systems by allowing systems administrators to test in a secure virtual machine environment and be able to roll back to a clean state by using the snapshot feature.
- Re-host legacy operating systems such as Windows 2000, Windows NT Server 4.0 and Windows 2003 in a virtual machine running on new hardware and operating system.
- Leverage pre-built, ready-to-run virtual appliances that include virtual hardware, operating system and application environments from the Virtual Appliance Marketplace.